The VS-4 Double Chamber Smart Air Release Valve Advantage
Odour Technologies have looked at the problems experienced by wastewater operators with air release valves. Over a period of 15 years we have designed and tested our double chamber valve that overcomes previously experienced faults found in single chamber valves.
Due to its ability to work maintenance-free for extended periods, it continually maintains and protects itself from the rigours of wastewater transfer, the name “VS-4 Smartvalve” was an obvious choice.
Reducing short and long term maintenance costs are an important consideration. By virtue of Smartvalve’s anti-hammer design, pipe fatigue is greatly reduced. VS-4 Smartvalve guarantees an anti-slam pressure chamber of air at all times.
Single Chamber Air Valve Faults
- By their design, single chamber air valves are very prone to blocking.
- There is contact between contaminants and float and seal assemblies. The float rises, the air compresses and contaminants rise above the float where it then accumulates as a bird nest of cotton buds, fats and other items.
- It is very common for seals in a dirty environment to leak small amounts of air. When this happens the floating detritus accesses the valve seal assembly and causes total failure.
- When conical and similar shaped air valves become blocked with fats and other solids it is very hard for operators to clean them making total removal to a workshop a necessity.
- A blocked air valve with no air internally has no anti-hammer properties thus putting the mains under duress and prone to bursting.
- Cast iron air valves are prone to corrosion.
- Violent bursts of air or water in direct contact with the float assembly has a very destructive effect on the sealing mechanism.
The VS-4 SMARTVALVE Solution
- The VS-4 SMARTVALVE is constructed using 316 stainless steel and fully passivated
- A full service can be done from above, on-site, in 5-10 minutes. No heavy lifting in and out of pits.
- The primary chamber is sealed and cannot lose its air charge thus maintaining anti-hammer properties continuously helping to protect the mains.
- The tubular screen in the primary chamber prevents rubbish entering the secondary chamber thus protecting the valve assembly.
- The 2kg (4.4lbs) positive buoyancy of the float seats the seals at atmospheric pressure. Rated at 18 bar.
- On vacuum type mains a one-way-only valve can be fitted.
- To double or treble air flows the VS-4 SMARTVALVE can be ordered with a second or third valve chamber attached to the primary chamber.
- The base flange is a table D 4 inch with adaptor plates for all other sizes. Special base flanges can be ordered to suit customer requirements.
- When compared to single chamber valves the VS-4 SMARTVALVE service interval can be extended by up to ten times.
MODEL INFORMATION AND DATA SHEETS